Saturday, July 15, 2017

DON"T LEAVE ME NOW

Hello & Welcome,
today I'm sharing my second piece on the collaboration titled 
'THE WALL' 
the idea is to pick a song from the album by PINK FLOYD
& do a mixed media piece on what that song conveyed to you. 
this month I chose 
DON'T LEAVE ME NOW

Ooooh, babe
Don't leave me now
Don't say it's the end of the road
Remember the flowers I sent

I need you, babe
To put through the shredder
In front of my friends
Ooh babe

Don't leave me now
How could you go?
When you know how I need you
To beat to a pulp on a Saturday night
Ooh babe, don't leave me now

How can you treat me this way?
Running away
Ooh babe
Why are you running away?
Ooh babe

Pink was emotionally unstable, unable to love himself so in that mental torment 
was really not capable of tenderly loving his wife 
I feel the brick wall was starting to go up which is why I built part walls on either side of the road
His wife had been pushed & pulled enough, she was done & finished, nothing more to give
hence the road 
Pink in his mental state thought he had been a good husband, (he bought her flowers)
therefore he could not understand why 
"why are you running away ???"

I painted dark clouds for his despair , the vortex of air to depict the spiraling of emotions he was feeling ... 

 Products used:
acrylic paints, 
structure paste, 
crackle paste, 
I printed paper for his coat 
hand sketched the male figure from one found on line
then painted over to give extra texture
the bricks are scrapbooking paper cut & pasted 

Thanks for visiting 
cheers Annette x

No comments:

Post a Comment